Monday, July 11, 2011

THE HUNGRY CAT WITH ANDREA MARCOVICCI

As you can tell, I love trying restaurants. I am so insane about food and wine, that I have, for years, gone to the Culinary Institute of America in Napa to study once a year. I had never checked out the Hungry Cat, and had heard mixed things about it. Well, I really liked it. It's impossible to find; has no signage except for hidden letters on a window; and decor that looks like a jail cell. BUT, it has David Lentz' food. If you go at lunch and don't order a caviar sandwich (only kidding...it doesn't exist but perhaps he should create one...) the food is not that expensive. I ordered a Watermelon and Heirloom Tomato Salad with Feta, Red Onions, and Arugula, which was sensational--and only $10.
Wonderful Andrea, the most successful cabaret singer in the country, had the HC Cobb which had fresh shrimp, tuna and crab in addition to all the regular Cobb salad ingredients. When she was through, there wasn't even a remnant on the plate. $12!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE ANDREA AND WILL BE IN SAN FRAN JULY 19-31, GO TO THE RAZZ ROOM AND SEE HER SHOW CALLED "BLUE CHAMPAGNE."

No comments: