Friday, April 5, 2013

TODAY IS SHOW DAY ON HOT IN CLEVELAND

TONIGHT AT 5 PM AN AUDIENCE WILL GET TO SEE THIS AMAZING REUNION OF MARY TYLER MOORE, VALERIE HARPER, CLORIS LEACHMAN, BETTY WHITE, AND GEORGIA ENGEL.  They pre-taped some scenes yesterday because they knew that the applause and cheers would last so long, that they wouldn't be able to keep the pace of the scene.

KATIE COURIC SHOWED UP yesterday to tape "Katie," "Good Morning, America," and "Nightline" with the ladies. "I can't believe what I'm seeing," said Katie. "When I was in junior high and I saw Mary at WJM, I knew it was possible for a woman to be a journalist. All of you here were such independent women, such role models for me." Katie started to cry, and so did everyone else. The sense of history was simply indescribable. As for me, one of the few people I HAVEN'T met was Katie, and I was thrilled to be there. The "Katie" airs Monday.
Katie with the "Hot" cast
 After everyone taped with Katie, they were ushered to a press conference where every outlet in Hollywood showed up. A lot of the questions went to Valerie, of course, and her "plucky spirit" (as Katie called it) showed itself again. "I have little or no symptoms at this point. I feel good. The doctors are working every day to find some drugs just for this rare cancer. They have hope and so do I. Let's just celebrate today," said Valerie. "This reunion has meant so much to all of us. We've laughed and we've cried."
Mary told Cloris to "hold her tongue" on Katie and Cloris took it literally

Whose legs are these????? They star on "Hot" each week

Press conference

Cristina Cacciotti (Val's daughter) with Betty holding tigers because both Cristina and Val adopted zoo tigers for Betty's charity

Betty and Mary on "Katie"
Happy Campers















No comments: