Tuesday, June 4, 2013

WANDERINGS---DISAPPEARANCE TO CAYUCOS



 I shouldn't tell anyone, but my hideout is a tiny town in Central California called Cayucos. You can barely find it because it's not really visible from the 101. Good. It is the town that time forgot. It's Mayberry; it's the 50s. One main street. You can have fish and chips at Ducky's, great tacos at the Smoke House, you can easily drive to Moonstone, Morro Bay, Cambria and Avila Beach. Or you can do nothing on an empty beach as far as your eye can see. The town becomes jammed on the 4th of July because of their home-spun parade and fireworks. Hotels and motels have been booked up for months. Foget I told you any of this. Don't go. Just leave it be for me.
I hate crowds

Incredible fish tacos and smoked meats

Side trip to Cambria

Smokehouse Fish Tacos

No comments: