Thursday, March 5, 2020

BOBBIE EAKES IN THIS SIDE OF CRAZY--DON'T MISS THIS PLAY. IT ENDS THIS WEEKEND


THIS SIDE OF CRAZY, BY DEL SHORES, SHOULD GO TO OFF BROADWAY. IT'S THAT GOOD.




Rachel Sorsa, Sharon Garrison, Bobbie Eakes and Dale Dickey.
(Karianne Flaathen)
Add caption


DEL SHORES

I first met Bobbie Eakes when she was the lead singer of a talented  group called BIG TROUBLE. They were signed to Fred Silverman, my dear friend with whom I was sharing office space. I thought she had that special something then. Later on, I was watching my fave daytime drama, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL, and there she was again as an actress. More talent.

I recently went to see her at the Zephyr Theatre on Melrose in West Hollywood in a play called THIS SIDE OF CRAZY. She has the tour-de-force part that involves, drama, comedy, and singing. I was knocked out by her performance. The play is running for one last weekend, and if you're in LA, go, and if you're in Palm Springs, drive. It's worth it.

The play is terrific! I was so impressed that I believe it should go to NY. The other actors are all terrific as well, and writer-producer-director Del Shores just knocked it out of the park.



7456 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90038
(661) 670-8328

No comments: