Sunday, February 26, 2017

IT WAS THE BEST OSCAR SHOW IN DECADES!!! YES, IT WAS!!!



CONGRATULATIONS TO JIMMY KIMMEL, MIKE DE LUCA AND JENNIFER TODD.
THE SHOW NEVER LAGGED. IT WAS HILARIOUS, RELEVANT, AND SPARKLED THROUGHOUT.




Jimmy---you were relaxed, funny, and in command. Everything worked--your jokes, the food from the ceiling, the tourists from the bus. Bravo. Best host since Ellen's first time hosting. You must come back.



Ok. Now let's talk about "the incident."


Faye and Warren

I was so happy to see them out there; so happy the Academy and producers recognized how great it would be to bring back legends to announce best picture.

1. The Academy gave them the wrong envelope. That was 100% the fault of the production.

2. The problem was that both Warren and Faye are not that familiar with live performing, and they didn't have the presence of mind to simply say something like, "Ladies and gentleman. There's a problem here. Would a stage manager please come out?" That's what people who are used to announcing or hosting know to do. Instead, they both just freaked out and didn't handle it well. I'm sorry that happened to them. I'm sorry they were put in that position by a production error.

3. But mostly I am sorry for the "Moonlight" and "La La Land" people. Both of their moments were ruined. What a shame.


SO, I WAS AT A PARTY WITH A LOT OF ACTORS. Their quips throughout the show were beyond funny. I'm not naming anybody who was there, because their comments have to be anonymous.

Here they are in random order:  Take a breath................



"Sting is teasing his hair like Al Pacino."

"Isabelle had a facelift in the car on the way over."

"Halle! What is she doing? There's a poodle on her head."

"I'm thankful to my daughter for doing an art project on my face this morning."

"She looks like a ghost wearing margarine."

"Ryan Gosling. That is one, ugly tux."

"Shave, you idiot."

"I've never seen that face before in my life."

"Look. It's butterface."

"No one's looking at anything except her boobs."

"Are those real teeth?"

"Ewwww.. Bad hair; Bad dress. What's she even doing there?"

"That guy's an addict who cheats on his wife."

"Who's she?"

"Leo is rocking that tux."

"She can't help it It's just her face."

"Emma Stone has the best matte lipstick I've ever seen."

"She looks like a dead witch."

"How gorgeous is Nicole tonight?"

"There was so much coke on that set...."

-------------------------------

I guess it was just another evening in our "LaLaLand." 
Congratulations to all the winners. I was really happy with the choices.
I love Nicole. I wish she and Viola had tied. Oh, well.

AND, LAST, BUT NOT LEAST.... TONIGHT I WORE EDDIE FISHER'S TUX SHOES THAT HE WORE ON STAGE DURING HIS VEGAS HEYDAY. I DID IT FOR DEBBIE AND ELIZABETH. I KNEW THEY'D LAUGH. 






No comments: