Monday, December 30, 2019

THE BEST AND WORST OF 2019









First of all, let's thank Barbara Walters for teaching the world how to correctly pronounce--twen-tee twen-tee. I've noticed how all the ABC correspondents and people at THE VIEW are doing it.

In my opinion, I had a fantastic year of happiness and joy.

The best:

1. My beloved friends on the desert and Los Angeles. Each and every one of you has been by my side because you are kind, gentle, intelligent, funny people who lift me up. I hope I do the same for you.

2. I love going to live shows all over. Live entertainment is the hardest thing for someone to do and it's magical--from Broadway to concerts-to nightclubs.

3. I love putting every week.

4. I love waking up every morning to sunshine, mountains, trees, sometimes snow-capped mountains, and the velvet sea of greens  of the golf courses.

5. I loved going to Japan for three weeks.

6. I loved hanging out with LuAnn De Lesseps at her house in the Hamptons (and NYC) this summer.

7. I love that I have fallen in love with Cheryl Tiegs' dog. Yes, it's true. 

8. The kindness of the Sunset Marquis when I'm in LA, although I prefer cuddling with Cheryl's dog.

9. The fast escalation of the stardom of Billie Lourd. She reminds me so much of Debbie.

When Billie first started working regularly she went to Debbie and asked, "Do you have any advice for me?" Debbie answered, "Get an act."



The Worst:

1. Losing Valerie Harper


1 a. Really personally touching me...
Ron Leibman



Allee Willis





2. The continued loss of Debbie, Carrie, and Joan Rivers

3. The impossible traffic in Los Angeles I practically get a break-down every time I go.

4. People fighting in an ugly way over politics and dropping friends over it. STOP IT. Be kind. I refuse to enter into political discussions.


I might add to this if my mind things of other things.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

No comments: