Thursday, April 21, 2011

PASSOVER WITH JOAN AND MELISSA






The waiters were wearing black fur Russian hats with fake Orthodox "braids" attached, and they served "Pigs-in-a-Blanket" on silver trays. Do you get the picture? Every year this is so much fun. With Joan as the rabbi, how could you go wrong? It's a very small group that meets each year, but this year we added two "virgins".......Jesse Tyler Ferguson of "Modern Family" and his boyfriend, Justin, who just graduated law school. Melissa, Jason and Cooper rounded out the family, with Conrad Hitchcock, (Melissa's semi-permanent houseguest) attending his first Passover as a Jew. He was called "New Jew," because about a month ago he found out that his mother was Jewish, and now he's taking classes.

1 comment:

The Eulogizer said...

Pardon the intrusion on the comments list for an off-post comment, but I am trying to reach you to send you a direct (private) question about the late Phoebe Snow. I am the author of the daily column, "The Eulogizer," on JTA.org, the Jewish Telegraphic Agency, and I wrote an item about Ms. Snow last week - http://www.jta.org/news/article/2011/04/27/3087016/the-eulogizer-singer-phoebe-snow-israeli-leftist-oded-pilavsky. A question has arisen about her, and I hope you can answer it for me. You can write to me - please do! - at eulogizer@jta.org. My name is Alan Abbey and I am in Jerusalem, Israel.