Monday, February 20, 2012

LUCIE AND DESI AT THE PALEY CENTER

Desi, Lucie and Me on stage. He was quite hilarious.

My dream moment--singing and playing

Lucie with my dear friend Naushaba and her children Moiz and Moeed
It was my honor to be asked to host and moderate the Paley Center for Media's event celebrating "The Music of 'I Love Lucy,'" Desi Arnaz was such a talented man, that it was very special to be able to hear his music and talk about not only the TV show, but how he brought Cuban music to the forefront for the whole United States. As for me, I got to play percussion with Desi while Lucie sang. It was one of the best times in my life. Lucie and Desi do a show called "Babalu" with Raul Esparza and Valarie Pettiford honoring their father. They recently did it for the Library of Congress in Washington, DC. Lucie and Desi donated all Desi's original sheet music to them.

No comments: