Tuesday, May 21, 2019

JUST ANOTHER NIGHT IN LA WITH MARLO THOMAS,PACINO, DE NIRO



           AMERICAN ICONS AWARDS



I truly just went to LA to escape the horrible winds and allergies in Palm Springs. My friend, Marlo Thomas invited me to dinner. Sounded good to me.


I have known Marlo and her entire family for decades. They are yet another group of people who "adopted" me. Their love of family and their commitment to St. Jude remain constant inspirations. Turned out this dinner was the American Icon Awards where St. Jude was being given significant money.

Oh...yeah. DeNiro was presenting an award to Pacino. Stallone, Evander Holyfield, and Laila Ali were there, too, along with Robin Thicke who "sang a few songs." David Foster and Katherine McPhee were also there having just picked up their marriage license. It was just a simple night......




Marlo and Al

Rehearsing

Marlo and her brother, Tony

Marlo and Phil


Al was in rare form. After thanking everyone, he stayed on stage and randomly started doing monologues from Tennessee Williams, e.e. cummings, and Shakespeare which DeNiro laughed and then left the stage to Al.





No comments: