Thursday, January 31, 2013

THOUGHTS ON A SEEMINGLY QUIET DAY

Caleb Moore
Dinner with Helen

Now I have your attention.
I hate that that nice young man, Caleb Moore (25) died from his Extreme Sports accident. It was his choice to join, but what a tragedy......

I'm waiting for the folks in Washington to ignore Gabrielle Giffords' moving testimony. Please go to Senator Dianne Feinstein's website again to sign her petition and forward it to your friends. She really needs the numbers......

Helen Reddy has moved back to the States permanently after living in Australia for many years. I'm so happy to have my friend back. She's doing gigs in Palm Springs, New York, and the south-east seaboard so far. You can look for an LA club date soon.....

Yefim Bronfman

Simon Trpceski

Helen Reddy
Loved classical pianist legend Yefim Bronfman in recital at Disney Hall last night. He and Simon Trpceski are the only two pianists today whose fingers softly drip on the keys like clouds. Lang Lang almost made it on my good list, but he's become a parody. Jean-Yves Thibaudet, Andre Watts, and so many other are what I call "bangers."

No comments: