Sunday, August 4, 2013

SHAME ON YOU, BILLY BOB THORNTON !!!! "JAYNE MANSFIELD'S CAR"---ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

JAYNE MANSFIELD'S TRAGEDY EXPLOITED AGAIN?????




There is a new movie coming out called "Jayne Mansfield's Car," written, directed, and starring Billy Bob Thornton, Robert Duvall, Kevin Bacon, plus additional accomplished actors.  I want to say right off the top that I have NOT seen this movie, so I am not talking about the acting or writing or directing. I object to the salacious, exploitative use of Jayne Mansfield.

 I have seen the trailer, and there is a shot of an old car with the decapitated head of Jayne (beautiful hair and make-up) in the front seat of the car. That's all I have to see to know this is beyond the bounds of bad taste and insensitivity. But then, it is Billy Bob.......But this time he should be called out.
HERE ARE THE WORDS OF ONE MOTION PICTURE ACADEMY MEMBER WHO HAS SEEN IT:


Terrible script, awful directing, excruciatingly sloooowwww and has nothing to offer but pain, misery, awkwardness, suffering and stupidity.
The editor should be banned from the business and Billy Bob... please, stop... just stop. Stick to acting.

I call this an actors movie because it's all about actors trying to impress other actors. They obviously didn't make it for entertainment value. It wasn't made for the movie-going public. Its sole purpose is to be an Oscar vehicle for B.B. Thornton.

Sorry Billy Bob.... I'm not a voting member of the Academy. If I were, I would have to give you a thumbs down for blatant pandering to your professional colleagues while ignoring the ticket-buying public.

No comments: