Tuesday, July 12, 2016

POLITICS AS THEATRE



THIS IS THE SHOW THAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW.

I am not making any political comments about candidates. I'm talking about the marketing game, practiced by both sides. Forgive me if I can't ever keep a straight face watching ANY of the made-for-TV opportunities, whether it's Christie standing behind Trump, or this photo from the TV screen right now. IT'S ALL THEATRE, and so many people don't get the game.

How I wish that the negotiations in order to make this TV show on right now would be on TV, too. Now THAT's the real show.

And, by the way, all the negotiations about the party platform presented at conventions, are a crock. No one ever refers back to what was on the platform once they get the presidency.

This is such a crucial election. I wish it there was no media game....just real facts.

God bless America.

No comments: