Monday, September 19, 2016

LINDA THOMPSON'S BOOK PARTY--CONGRATS! ON NEW YORK TIMES BEST-SELLER LIST!









LINDA THOMPSON'S FIANCE (WHEN SHE WAS A YOUNG 22 ) WAS ELVIS PRESLEY. HER FIRST HUSBAND WAS BRUCE JENNER. HER SECOND HUSBAND WAS HIT-MAKE RECORD PRODUCER SONGWRITER DAVID FOSTER. DOES SHE HAVE STORIES TO TELL???

I SUGGEST YOU READ THE BOOK.

Hosts Ambassador Nicole Avant and Irena Medavoy watch as Linda thanks guests on the rooftop of Burberry on Rodeo Drive


As a treat before the actual party, Burberry live-streamed their fashion show from London, featuring the designs of Christopher Bailey. The theme was ORLANDO--the novel and movie. I loved the clothes. More on that later.

"I'm just so happy and grateful that my book has been well-received. I'm so excited it's on the best-seller list. Ive been writing it over a period of ten years. The reviews have been wonderful. The worst thing anyone has said about it is that maybe I sugar-coated some things. Well, I did. I don't want to hurt people. You can read what I wrote and figure it out. If that's the worst thing anyone says about it, then I'm happy," said Linda.

And, yes, she writes abut the first time she saw her husband, Bruce dressed up as a woman, years before anyone ever knew. Linda had two sons with Bruce, and the way she handled Bruce's struggle with their children is inspiring. The most important thing in Linda's life is family.

After the viewing, we all had a chance to see the clothes (and buy them) A portion of the sales went to the fabulous charity called A SENSE OF HOME. It was founded by Georgie Smith and Melissa Goddard.
A Sense of Home (ASOH) changes the lives of foster youth who've "aged out" of the foster care system by creating homes for them. Using donated furniture and housewares, volunteers work with the youth to help them realize their own sense of home — often for the first time, in the process, helping them achieve self-sufficiency.
With Linda. Slight height discrepancy



 
Irena and Danica Perez

Joyce Arad and Cheryl Saban
Also enjoying the fun were Nancy Davis, Lynn Palmer, Vanna White, Susan and Kevin Nealon, Bui Simon, and Sandy Martindale
Joyce, Cheryl, Me, Georgie, Yolanda, and Melissa

Burberry Penthouse. Who knew?

Linda, Cheryl, Danielle Del


Lisa Stanley, Danielle, Me, Donna Antebi, and Linda
AOC/Lucques catered the event



AND NOW FOR THE FASHIONS-- When I was a kid in college, I hated getting up for 8 a.m. classes. My go-to outfit was to simply put a trenchcoat on over my pajamas and go to school. I'm happy to report that Burberry has finally caught up with my fashion trend. Many of their new outfits consist of silk pajamas under a blazer; a silk robe over a gown; wallpaper-patterned fabrics; the white poof collar from ORLANDO, ruffled shirts; and silk boxer shorts..... I loved it all




Look closely--cotton short, silk pj top, then coat


Add caption
Love silk boxers. I WILL wear them out of the house....probably to Irena's house.

No comments: