Thursday, April 2, 2015

PASSOVER WITHOUT JOAN IS NO PASSOVER AT ALL


THE HURT NEVER GOES AWAY. SOMETIMES IT'S BETTER THAN OTHER TIMES. THIS NEXT 24 HOUR PERIOD IS A KILLER.

I may be Catholic, but I spent Passover with Joan and her family for decades. We were a small group of eight or ten, and through the years it got bigger and bigger. Many times I sat next to her because she and I had a "food plan." She didn't want to eat a lot, so she would surreptitiously slide her food to my plate and I would eat it. Nothing was ever said about it between us. It was just our unspoken understanding. There's so much I'll miss from that night. I will have to focus on gratitude tomorrow for the years of joy that it happened.

 These photos are from two years ago. Last year's are in another file






No comments: