Monday, June 13, 2016

OUR NEW, VIOLENT WORLD---THE AGE OF RAGE





OUR WORLD IS AN UGLY ONE. IT IS FILLED WITH ANGRY PEOPLE WHO FLY OFF IN RAGES. IF THEY HAVE A GUN OR GUNS, DEATH IS SURE TO COME. AND IT'S NOT JUST ISLAMIC TERRORISTS, ALTHOUGH THEY ARE NO 1 ON THE LIST. IT'S JUST PEOPLE ON THE STREET, TOO.

In the past five days I have had strangers yell at me, and one even approached my car screaming. Each time it was terrifying because my first thought was, "Has he got a gun?" These people were young, white, American males, and they were filled with rage.

I have recently heard some women screaming at their manicurist or a saleslady if they perceive something to be wrong. Seemingly "normal" Americans are going insane with anger. Even children are violent to each other on schoolyards.

The world has gone mad.

It is a conflagration of poverty, alcohol, and drugs with both parents and kids; unchecked mental illness; violent video games; lack of a good school system; a total erasing of manners and civility, a complete lack of respect for our leaders and those running for office (mostly deserved, by the way) and depleted government systems (schools, hospitals) that have been destroyed by the influx of undocumented immigrants. Our doors have been too easy to get through.

Should automatic weapons like assault rifles be banned from the public at large? Yes, indeed. Should individual gun owners who pass tests and respect laws be able to have their guns? Yes, indeed. And, by the way, I have shot an AK47. It was at Camp Pendelton with the Marines. You feel a terrifying sense of power. I get the appeal to the crazies. It's very sick.

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A WAY FOR BAD PEOPLE TO GET GUNS.

Our world, as we knew it growing up, is gone. You can't feel safe anywhere, and it's not an atomic bomb that's going to get you. It could be your own neighbor, a mentally-ill kid who takes a gun to school, or an Isis terrorist who decides to wear a suicide vest in Costco. You just don't know.

So.....too bad, but we have to take actions that may not seem that palatable. We DO have to prohibit certain groups from entering the United States in the usual process. We need to thoroughly vet immigrants from certain countries---and if it takes years to get in, it takes years. Political correctness can kill you. We must be very smart about it. We have to have much stronger military funding put back into our military and defense. No more Mr. Nice Guy. Peace is always the goal, but you'd better have some strong, armed military to keep it.

I want metal detectors at ALL stadiums, event places, and schools. If I had my way, there'd be metal detectors at Ralphs.

Israel has the right idea. Their security force is the best in the world. I'm happy to be inconvenienced if it will help me stay alive.

I am sick to my stomach about what is going on. I'm sick about murders of innocent people, from "Voice" singers, to people enjoying a night at a club, to workers in a building, kids at school, or anywhere a human is just living a life.

Ever since 9/11, I have deliberately stopped going to any gathering of what I consider to be a targeted group. I won't go to the L.A Philharmonic when the Israeli Philharmonic is playing. I won't go into certain religious buildings of worship. I won't go to concerts that could draw a violent audience. Some might say that I'm letting the terrorists win because I'm changing my lifestyle. So what? It's my life and I'm protecting it my way. You do what you want. Has our government found any way to stop these killings on our soil? No.

In the last ten months I have canceled trips to London, Paris, Brussels and New York (yes, I bought all of them before the Paris attacks.) I had fifth row center tickets to HAMILTON last December, and I never went to NY. Those prime seats sat empty because I didn't want to be in Times Square surrounded by police with uzis.

And what make me so sad, is that, with the exception of getting a ban on automatic weapons (thank you Dianne Feinstein for trying again), most of this doesn't matter. Anyone who wants to kill can get a gun. There is no law, no government, and no group or individual who can stop them.

This is our new reality, and I believe it's only going to get worse. The terrorists from the Middle East have been infiltrating us for years. Their cells are growing on the ground and over the internet. It is absolutely impossible to keep everyone safe anymore. Terrorists are the No. 1 problem, but it seems that the definition of a terrorist is rapidly being broadened from bearded Middle East guy to anyone anywhere in the world who is filled with rage and hatred. Terrorism has no typical face anymore.

God help us all, and God Bless America


No comments: