Friday, November 17, 2017

WHY WOULD I THANK HARVEY WEINSTEIN?




HERE'S WHY I WOULD THANK HARVEY----

OINK

The other day I spoke at the Palm Springs Women in Film Glass Ceiling Awards luncheon. Since I am the last living founder of Women in Film, I had a lot to say. I wondered whether or not I should mention Harvey, but I just went for it:


"Oh, yes. It may sound strange but I want to thank Harvey Weinstein. Yes, we all now he's a pig (my free opinion), but think about it for a second.......

Because of all the alleged incidents coming out, and the over 50 (?) women telling their stories about him, as well as all the others coming out against various other powerful figures, Harvey has opened the floodgates and provided a safe haven for us to speak about our evidence, our truths. Because of Harvey, for the first time, I believe we really have the power to change things. We have the media's attention and are running with it.

Will there always be pigs preying on young actresses and actors? Yes. But, more women and men will stand up and not be afraid; more companies will write stronger morals clauses and actually enforce them; and more vile power-hungry, homely predators will be PUT AWAY.

So, thanks, Harvey. And, I hope you are the first to go to jail.

No comments: