Friday, April 26, 2013

THE BEST BATHROOMS IN BEVERLY HILLS

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT YOURS (!) I'm talking about what to do when you're away from home and you are "in need." Some places are better than others, of course.

Public bathrooms are important, particularly restaurant bathrooms. There are still restaurants that only have one toilet in the bathroom and patrons have to wait forever. Shame on them. Toilets are important. They are becoming like chic cars or special accessories. Our sensitivities have been heightened as the years have gone by.
The TOTO status $5000 home toilet

$5,000,000 gold one

$14,000
$19,000,000 spacecraft toilet






Here are some random thoughts....


Remember La Scala's original bathroom on Canon Dr? It was a disaster. Now they at least have two stalls.

The last time I was at the Ivy they only had one stall. I don't want to eat there because of it.

There are special places like the Beverly Wilshire Hotel that has a handicapped bathroom with its own sink that is worthy for an overnight stay. I like the wood paneling and the marble. I've often wished I could call house-keeping to deliver a cot.

Saks Fifth Avenue has a really cramped bathroom situation on the upper floor near their restaurant. As for the couple of other floors that have bathrooms, they are not clearly marked at all and you have to have grown up there to know where they are.

The old I Magnin on Wilshire had beautiful all white marble bathrooms with a pink chaise in each waiting area. I miss that.
Bad bathroom, but I love it so much I'll never stop eating there

Oh, God. Is that blintz really worth it?


Hmm. Very Nice. This is Mr. C's


I ONCE BROKE MY FINGER WHEN IT CAUGHT ON A STALL HANDLE AT SPAGO. Those handles were way too tiny.

MR. CHOW STILL HAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST HIGH-END RESTAURANT BATHROOM IN THE CITY

NATE 'N' AL'S' BATHROOM STILL HASN'T BEEN CLEANED SINCE THE EARLY 50'S.

The ballroom bathroom at the Beverly Hilton has always been designed beautifully and is extremely spacious. It needs new upholstery now and some "freshening."

Chanel on Rodeo Drive has a beautiful bathroom.

Armani on Rodeo also has a great one.

The Peninsula Hotel's bathroom near Belvedere Restaurant is excellent. The one after the Living Room Lounge probably should be "refreshed."

Four Seasons Hotel is still excellent.

The Montage bathroom near their bar is disappointing. It should have been designed with much more square footage.

The Beverly Hills Hotel lobby bathroom is neck and neck with the Beverly Wilshire for nicest lobby bathroom.

THE BEL AIR HOTEL--WHY ISN'T IT ON THIS LIST? BECAUSE THE NEW OWNERS DESTROYED IT.


-----------To be continued. Let me know your opinions as well as something I have missed as good or bad.

No comments: