Saturday, February 21, 2015

'NOT THAT JEWISH" AT THE BRAID THEATRE IN SANTA MONICA








I KNOW IT SAYS "BRAID.." IT'S A PLAY ON THE "BROAD." I kept hearing about this amazing little show called "Not Too Jewish" playing in a performance space in Santa Monica. Everybody is loving it, so I decided to see for myself. I loved it, too!

Monica Piper


Monica Piper, a stand-up coming and long-time comedy series staffer, performs her one-woman, one-act play about her life. You can't stop laughing, but it is poignant, too. It's a wonderful way to spend an evening. Congratulations to director Eve Brandstein, too

The Braid began doing performance art in people's homes, and it now has this beautiful space in Santa Monica. This current production is a presentation of Jewish Women's Theatre, an organization i never knew existed until I went to this play. Treat yourself, and go!



------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VALENTINE'S MADNESS: From Trader Vic's to the Gardenia

Joely Fisher and her husband Chris Duddy, plus Connie Stevens, Lainie Kazan and I descended upon Trader Vic's for PuPu Platters and rum drinks out by the pool. Good times were had and then I went to the Gardenia to see Andrea Marcovicci's Valentine's Show where she sang so many of my favorite songs ab9ut love--"Quited, Unrequited, and Disastrous." Every song in Andrea's hands turn into an involving playlet.

Joely with her gift for her mother

Trader Vic's famous Pupu Platter

Connie and Lainie loved the gift







Andrea Marcovicci


-----------------------------------------

MY OWN PERSONAL LOBSTER ROLL SURVEY:

I love them and I'm not in Maine. Problem. So, Helen Reddy introduced my to Blue Plate Oysterette in Santa Monica and I fell in love with their roll. Good News----they just opened another Blue Plate Oysterette on Third St. in West Hollywood.

Then, much to my surprise, Joan's on Third starting offering a Lobster Roll Special.




No comments: