Monday, May 25, 2015

RANTS AND RAVES----- SOMETIMES WE JUST HAVE TO LET IT OUT!


RANTS AND RAVES-------



RANTS

THE GETTY MUSEUM



It's beautiful. The location is magical. I'm so happy that there are people going there who are interested in culture. I'm happy that some parents take their children there to expose them to art.
But, OMG! It's a crowded mess. I went on a plain Tuesday morning--no holiday, no vacations. It took me over 30 minutes to park, going down and down into the bowels of the parking structure. When I came up in the elevator to get to the tram, there were over 200 people ahead of me in line. It was only 11 am!

Once I arrived at the actual museum, which was 40 minutes after the 30 minutes it took to park, there were hordes of yelling school children everywhere. It was impossible to attain any peace, despite the lovely surroundings.

When I got to the Turner Exhibit, the guards let in a man who had two children under the age of three! That should not be allowed. I kept walking to different parts of the exhibit to get away from them, but it was almost as if they were following me. I even went to the end of the exhibit to go backwards and they showed up seconds after I tried that.

I tried to enjoy Turner, but left as soon as I could. Miserable experience.



IGGY AZALEA HOW COULD YOU????!!!!!




 Not that she has a tremendous amount of talent, but she's clever and fairly interesting. I was so happy that her face (left) was real. It was a fascinating, kind of Uma Thurman face, one like no other, that set her apart from all the plastic. Well, not anymore. See the new face (right). It looks like someone just ironed all her character away. She now looks indecipherable from all the other plastic faces--new nose, new jawline, and maybe her eyes---although why would anyone want to have smaller eyes?
I'm so disappointed. She's just a number now.



KANYE WEST--PLEASE GO AWAY





 Maybe there's a real person in there somewhere. I'd like to think so. When he first started out I thought some of his songs were quite good. I particularly liked "Champions." Somewhere along the way he turned into an egomaniacal lowlife. He stands for racism, riots, violence, and swearwords. Did any of you see his so-called performance on the Billboard Music Awards? He was surrounded by fire and what looked like a protest; he said the N-word countless times (which was bleeped). In fact, almost his whole song was bleeped. You couldn't see him or hear him. I think he's laughing at the audience and all his fans and going to the bank. Despicable.



WEATHER GIRL "SLUTS"

KCBS

KNBC

FOX 11

There are also male weather "sluts"



I hate to directly call these specific girls sluts. It is not a comment on their values or personal lives. It is more a comment on the men who hired them and told them to dress in a certain way to get ratings for their newscasts. It is a totally distasteful slap at the viewers. Just a reminder, women make of 51% of the people in the U.S


TWO BACHELORETTES!!!!! NO!!!!!









This gimmick didn't work. It was an ugly first show and damaged the franchise. Bad idea. Cruelty turns off viewers. Also, in my opinion, they picked the wrong girl to be the Bachelorette. I also will confess that I am totally hooked on this show and I've seen every episode since the beginning of the series. And I'm not ashamed. It's my chocolate.

                                                                      ***



RAVES



THANK YOU, DAVID LETTERMAN









He was prickly, uncomfortable and sometimes a little nasty, but he made great television. He was a character you loved to watch. It was a treat just to see his brain work each night. He deserves to go have a private life now. I shall miss him.



GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOUS---WHO CARES?







ABC hired him knowing he was in bed with the Clintons. They made him the face of ABC News. Why would they be surprised that he donated money to the Clinton Foundation? He has every right to do whatever he wants with his money. His only mistake was not telling the network. It was not a devious plot on his part. This is no Brian Williams situation. Leave George alone. I want to watch him every day.





AMY SCHUMER--BRILLIANT NEW COMEDY MIND






You need to watch her show each week on Comedy Central. One week it was all in black and white and was an extraordinary riff on 12 Angry Men. Another week it carried that video with Tina Fey and others about Julia Louis-Dreyfuss reaching the "unf--kable age." Amy plays characters; she plays herself; you never know what's going to come up next.  She is not some stupid stand-up like Kathy Griffin. She is a gifted genius.






























No comments: