Wednesday, February 3, 2016

OJ SIMPSON MINI-SERIES


YES, I AM FASCINATED. (I LIVED IT).  YES, IT'S A BETTER SCRIPT THAN I THOUGHT, ALTHOUGH THERE ARE INACCURACIES. YES, I STILL BELIEVE MONEY WAS THE MOTIVE FOR MAKING IT AND THAT THEY ARE COVERING IT UP BY SAYING THEY WANT TO HELP BATTERED WOMEN.SO WHAT ELSE IS NEW? IT'S SHOW BUSINESS.

For those innocent people dragged into the case, this is a time of unnecessary torture.

Most of the casting choices are very good, particularly Sarah Paulson as Marcia Clark, Courtney B. Vance as Johnnie Cochran, and Sterling K. Brown as Chris Darden.
BUT:



In many shots John Travolta looks embalmed. (I'm so sorry, John).

David Schwimmer has a permanent facial expression of looking like his finger is being slammed in a door.

And Cuba Gooding, Jr. has NONE of the charisma, charm, or underlying rage of O.J. He's just awful.

No comments: