Sunday, January 1, 2017

BRAVO TO MARIAH CAREY AND SHAME ON ABC AND DICK CLARK



I MAY BE CRYING ALL THE TIME RIGHT NOW, BUT I STILL CAN GET ANGRY.











No matter what you think of Mariah Carey (and her voice can be astounding), to have a singer keep telling a network and production company that her earpieces are faulty and she can't hear---REPEATEDLY BEFORE SHE WENT ON--- and that tech crew NOT fixing it when they said they should, is appalling and unprofessional. Stars travel with their own earpieces but it is up to the sound company to make them work. How dare ABC and Dick Clark do that! Shame on them. I think she should sue.

She handled it well, telling the audience the truth. "I can't hear anything. I need my monitors."
There is one caveat. She said on stage, "We missed the tech rehearsal." If that's true, everyone is at fault. That needs to be cleared up.

No comments: