Saturday, January 28, 2017

BRAVO TO MEGAN KELLY, NEW HOST OF "THE TODAY SHOW"





I AM SO HAPPY THAT NOW THERE IS SOMEONE TO WATCH ON "TODAY." It's a great platform for her. I am hoping they give her free reign on what to do with that hour. I really don't want her saddled with typical "Today" weather reports and correspondents the way it has been. I want to see something fresh.

If they put her in the 9 a.m. hour, she competes against Kelly Ripa, and I always want Kelly to do well. I think the shows are quite different and it should be fine. I doubt that "Today" will move Hoda and Kathie Lee to 9 a.m. They are established at 10 and doing great.

Tamron Hall

Al Roker


Tamron Hall and Al Roker are good people, but that 9 a.m. hour always seemed like a throwaway without a clear identity. The addition of Billy Bush didn't help. At least they got rid of him fast enough. I'm sure "Today" from 7-9 a.m. will use Tamron well, and keep Al doing what he's doing.

No comments: