Tuesday, June 6, 2017

ARIANA GRANDE, NOT YOUR ORDINARY POP STAR







SOMETIMES A MOMENT IN TIME HAPPENS TO YOU THAT WILL BRAND YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. IT IS USUALLY SOMETHING UNEXPECTED, AND THE CHOICE YOU MAKE IT HANDLING IT DEFINES YOU.

Ariana Grande will be 24 on June 26. In the eyes of the world now, she is a courageous, authentic, dignified, compassionate hero........wise beyond her years, with a grace that will last forever.


I've loved her vocal instrument from the very beginning, and knew she had to package it into something commercial for our times. But, who knew the giant that lived within the tiny girl? I was going to watch ONE LOVE MANCHESTER out of respect, a desire to mourn, and, I knew I'd love the music.

I had no intention of watching all of it.

I watched and cried for the entire concert, in awe of the pint-sized girl who clearly was the leader. Whether it was seeing her embrace the little girl from the choir who was so overcome she couldn't sing, to Ariana breaking down more than once herself.

She and her moment are set for the ages.



P.S. Justin Bieber? Wow. He grew up and moved me and the rest of the world. Amazing.


No comments: