Monday, June 19, 2017

LIONEL RICHIE---AMERICAN IDOL JUDGE?????


LIONEL RICHIE---RESPECTED, BUT LOW                 ENERGY PERSONALITY-
          WILL BRING IN NO RATINGS



Not the best idea, people. I want to see AMERICAN IDOL  come back. I loved the show through thick and thin, BUT it's a different TV landscape now. Although I don't care for Katy Perry, she has BIG CRED and appeal. She also cost the producers a fortune, which, by the way, I don't think will pay off for them financially or ratings-wise in the end. But, the producers have very little budget left to spend on other judges.



In my opinion, this isn't going well. Bad choices in the beginning are hard to overcome for any show, but, particularly a reboot.

I know they might say----who were Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson? We made our own stars.
Well, that was then and now is now. Frankly, the better choice would be to have Katy Perry with some really high-energy, but respected less-known executives. In this  current possible configuration, the smartest thing they could do is to put Paula Abdul back. THAT I'd watch!




No comments: