Friday, September 27, 2013

AND THE NEW TV SEASON CONTINUES..........

BEFORE I GIVE YOU THE ONE-LINERS...

 

 

HAS ANYONE NOTICED HOW GOOD CBS THIS MORNING IS??? 

AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH SHOW THEY RUN A 90-SECOND MONTAGE OF EVERYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED SINCE YOU WENT TO SLEEP. WHAT A GIFT THIS IS!!! NO EDITORIALIZING; NO DANCERS; NO BANANA HATS. WOW..... A SHOW FOR ADULTS WHO ARE IN A HURRY AND JUST WANT TO KNOW THE FACTS AND GET ON WITH THEIR DAY. THANKS, CBS.



TROPHY WIFE--- It took me all the way to the end to decide to press the record series button and give it a chance. The show has the wrong name. It makes it sound like "Dynasty," but it's not. It's funny, very real, and pretty darn good. I'll give it a chance. I can always press the delete series button
Malin Ackerman

"THE CRAZY ONES"--Better known as the Robin Williams show. This had a bad industry buzz before it aired. It kind of just "smelled" flop sweat. WRONG. The show is terrific. 

Of course, it needs to settle in, but I really enjoyed it, and I hate the sitcom form. With David Kelley behind it, I should have had more faith. The cast is wonderful...led by Robin, of course. And James Wolk (!)..so adorable.


MICHAEL J. FOX---
First, I am so glad he's back on the air in a true-to-life vehicle. It's very inspirational. Second, I'm sorry he's opposite Robin Williams. Third, the show just is not remarkable. Average doesn't cut it today. Even if NBC moves the time slot, I don't think it will go the distance. I'd like to be wrong.

The networks take the two biggest comeback sitcom shows--Robin and Michael, and program the against each other.

Same thing with "Hostages" and "Blacklist," which appeal to the exact same audience. What were they thinking? As a former ABC executive who sat in on those kinds of programming meetings years ago, the answer is simple. They don't think.

HOSTAGES--It would be my favorite new series, but I saw
"Blacklist" first. Darn. Well, I'll keep watching it anyway.

LUCKY 7---Hmmm. Everybody keeps saying it's the first sure cancellation of the season.
I started watching and tried to turn it off. I really did. I couldn't. I got involved with the characters. We'll see if I watch it next week.

No comments: