Wednesday, January 27, 2016

THE PEOPLE VS. OJ SIMPSON VS. FAYE RESNICK


FAYE RESNICK IS A VERY DEAR FRIEND OF MINE.

I have known her for over 20 years. We went through almost every day of that ridiculous trial together. I have seen the death threats she has received; I've seen the damage when her house was broken into more than once; I HAVE SEEN HER COURAGE. FAYE WAS THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAD THE GUTS TO COME OUT AND SAY FROM THE VERY BEGINNING THAT O.J DID IT. I respect her greatly.




For myself, I can easily say that FX chose to make the mini-series for ratings and money. Anyone can see that. It's a real shame that innocent people like the Goldman Family, the Kardashian children, certainly Faye--and countless others--are being put through Hell again. And don't say, "Well just don't watch it." Press people are hounding them and the ads are everywhere. It is impossible to hide.



SO, BELOW IS FAYE'S ONE-AND-ONLY STATEMENT ABOUT THE MINI-SERIES:
 Ever since it was announced that Ryan Murphy intended to produce The People v. O.J. Simpson, I have been inundated with the question as to “How do I feel about it?” All I can say is, for me, it was personally the most heartbreaking tragedy that altered my life forever. 


To lose my loving friend Nicole, who seemed at one point to defy the odds of surviving domestic abuse is beyond devastating. The thought of reliving the events of her death and the trial that followed is catastrophic to say the very least.

My fear is that this that it will only open painful wounds for all of us who loved Nicole and Ron and just become another pointless media circus.

In the United States, a woman is beaten in her home every nine-seconds by the man they love. The sad fact remains that there are less shelters for battered woman and their children in our country than there are animal shelters.

My only wish is that the series serves as a call to action to pass the Bills that are pending on the floor of the Senate to continue to fund Domestic Violence Shelters that 3.5 million women and children need as safe havens.

For anonymous and confidential help with domestic abuse please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1.800.799.SAFE or 1.800.787.3224

Kindest regards,
Faye

No comments: